Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Glenfarclas– An Instant Classic

Another review by Randy -
I have to say that it is not often I am surprised by a Scotch (or Bourbon, or Rye, or Vodka, well you get the picture) However, when I walked into a local liquor store last week and accidently picked up a bottle of Glenfarclas Highland Single Malt 12 year old Scotch I was very, very pleasantly surprised.

I know what you are thinking, Glenhow do you accidently pick up a bottle of Scotch? Well it was on the wrong shelf and marked at twelve dollars a bottle and when I took it to the cash register and it rang up at $44.00 I was very surprised, but simply said “Ring it up.”
When I got back home and tasted it, well I was ecstatic. Of all Scotches I do prefer the Highland Scotches, but when buying it I had not even read the label that close. After all with a name like Glenfarclas how could you not buy it.

Now the review:


Color: A very dark caramel
Nose: Sweet and Spicy
Initial Taste: In the immortal words of Colonel Potter there is not enough O’s in Smooooooth to describe the taste.
Taste: Very smooth (as previously stated) and a little on the sweet caramel side.
The Finish: It literally melts in your mouth and has absolute no byte what so ever. This Scotch keeps it’s same smooth, sweet, spicy taste to the end.

I like this Scotch as much as any I have ever had and the only Scotch I can put on the same playing field as this would be The Balvenie Double Wood.
Overall I highly recommend Glenfarclas and I have just named it as the official Blended Scotch of MySideOfTheBar.
http://www.glenfarclas.co.uk/en/
http://www.thebalvenie.com/
http://mysideofthebar.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics