Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bar Rescue and a Conspiracy Theory

Hey, I love Conspiracy Theories.  This is why I troll WND.com, some of them are to good to pass up.

I also love Reality TV.  I know….I’m a glutton for punishment.

Today, I get both.

Part 1 -

Recently I started watching a new show called Bar Rescue.  Similar inv vein to Kitchen Nightmares, you have a “Bar Expert” going into Bars that obviously need help (and in incredible amounts of debt) and giving them a a makeover an advice to set them back on track.  I particularly like this show, as the host (Jon Taffer) does give advice and insight not only to the owners, but that can be used by anyone starting or running a bar.  It’s good fun.

Part 2 –

On my Monday Quick Hits, I posted about President Obama’s “Uncle Omar” being arrested for DUI.  While this would normally be a non-news event, this is the President’s Uncle and he’s in the US illegally. 

Part 3 – The Coincidence?

Now normally it would be hard to put two and two together here, but today’s story in the Boston Herald brings up something interesting. The Bone

A marked cruiser pulled him over just past the Chicken Bone saloon, about a mile from Onyango’s single-family home.

The Bone was topic of a recent episode of Bar Rescue.  In fact, The Bone is the rebranded name (originally against the Owner’s wishes) of The Chicken Bone.

Conspiracy –

Talk about Coincidence and being at the right (wrong) place at the right (wrong) time.  Given that this is Spike TV, what would they have to lose from a publicity stunt such as this?  What a coup d'etat this would be if they could have influenced where the suspect was pulled over or “inspired” the whole event to take place.

Is it far fetched?  Yes.  Could it happen?  Who knows?  But what great (or horrible) publicity for a bar, especially if this goes national (which I think it will). 

Put on your tinfoil hats and lets go for a ride.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics