Monday, March 28, 2011

Jack Daniels and Honey

I have mixed feelings about this.

First, I think Jack Daniels puts out a fairly good product.  A little over priced, but if the market bears it….power to the people.  I don’t think they are the premium bourbon out there, and I only stock it if someone is wanting is specifically.  It’s not that I hate it, I just think there are some better small batch bourbons that I would rather introduce people to.

I also like Honey.  A few of you know, my father was a beekeeper and I grew up around the stuff.  In fact, some some of my earliest memories are of Hot Toddys….so it is ingrained in me.

I even think there are two great Honey & Liquor products out there right now

Wild Turkey Honey Liquor & BÄRENJÄGER Honey Liqueur (and no Glenn….you are not allowed to bring any over). 

Both of these fine products fill the niche in the market well, so I don’t see a need for the Jack Daniels distillery to dabble in this area unless they are trying to muscle out the smaller distilleries.  I hate when business gets cutthroat like this and just wish everyone could get along.

LYNCHBURG, Tenn. — Jack Daniel’s has added honey whiskey to its product line.

According to a news release from the company, it’s a mingling of Jack Daniel’s Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey and a proprietary honey liqueur.

The company said Tennessee Honey will be available across the country by summer. The suggested retail price is $22 for a 750-milliliter bottle.

The honey whiskey, listed as 70 proof, can be chilled straight or served in drinks with mixers like lemonade, tea or ginger ale.

It is being produced and bottled at the Jack Daniel’s distillery in Lynchburg

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/mar/22/jack-daniels-tennessee-honey-whiskey-coming/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics