Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Good old days

Not those, no…not those either, not even those.  The good ol days I’m thinking about were when I worked in Indy.

I got to thinking about them this morning after I posted THIS story about drinking at work.  I then opened FB and saw a post from Jared and thought “What the hell”, lets tell a story.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in 2001 (man, was it really 10 years ago), I worked for a “Progressive” software startup.  This was the type of company during the .com boom that would allow us to drink at work, wear what we want and basically run the roost.

Every year, they would organize trips to Carb Day of the Indianapolis 500 during work.  To say that it was a drunk fest was an understatement.

So this particular year, Good Ed (I was Evil Ed), Jared and I went down loaded for bear.  You see, we also had an “In” with one of the security staff who volunteered at the 500, a gentleman named Larry who also worked with us in Tech Support.  So when we showed up, Larry got us past the bag checkers….which allowed us to bring in anything we wanted.

Needless to say, the pictures below (taken in order) explain the rest of the story. 

 

 

 

 

Needless to say, this last picture is not how you want your day to end, and it wasn’t even my fault.

The woman in the picture is Laura Steele from Q95.  We went back a few days later for the race and were roaming around  behind the scenes hoping to run into Steve Tyler (who gave a horrible rendition of the National Anthem) and I ran into her again….to this day I can still hear her say “Hey….It’s the Jack Daniels Guy”.   Ahhhhhh…..the Good ol Days.  It almost makes me want to talk about this picture as well -

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics