The Professor Side Note: I had to try this Scotch with a splash of water and what was excellent neat, was even better with a touch of water (could have used one cube of ice) The already great taste was even better.
What were the results of the blind tasting? Here they are in Reverse Order -
- Nose: Caramel and a little Smokey
- Taste: Creamy and light
- Finish: Very smooth
Overall: For the price (Avg. 74.00 USD) I would pass on this as a regular Scotch I would carry.
Side Note: The label stated this was good frozen so I gave it a try and found it thicker, smokier and smoother. However, my original overall evaluation stands.
- Nose: Very light hint of caramel and no smoke
- Taste: Smoother than Gold on the tongue
- Finish: Smooth
Overall: For the price (Avg. 20.00 USD) of Johnny Walker Red I would not hesitate to carry as one of my standard bar Scotch
- Nose: Very, very light on nose
- Taste: Initially light and smooth
- Finish: Smoothest of the four
Overall: For the price (30.00 USD) I would and do carry this Scotch regularly at MySideOfTheBar. A excellent tasting Scotch and great with a good Cigar.
- Nose: Sweet almost to the point of fruity
- Taste: Very light and mineral evident
- Finish: Very light finish
Overall: What can I say for the cost (170.00 USD) this is and better be a very, very fine Scotch. I really enjoyed this and while the cost of carrying this Scotch for an everyday Scotch is a bit high I would not hesitate to purchase for special occasions.