The Wall Street Journal has an interesting article up about the “Eight Beers Americans No Longer Drink”.
The title is misleading, people are still drinking them, and I disagree with the premise that – The Main reason the following 8 beers are on the list is due to beer drinkers turing to “light and ultra-light” beers (3 of the list fit that category). Instead, I believe it is the Craft Brewing industry finally taking hold with better taste, higher alcohol content and more availability.
The below stats are based of the 23 largest selling beer products (who came up with 23?) and are from 2006 –2010.
To see InBev with 4 of the 8 really makes me happy.
1. Michelob (Anheuser-Busch InBev) –72%
2. Michelob Lite (Anheuser-Busch InBev) - 64%
3. Bud Select (Anheuser-Busch InBev)– 60%
4. Milwaukee’s Best (MillerCoors Brewing) –53%
5. Old Milwaukee (MillerCoors Brewing)–52%
6. Miller Genuine Draft (MillerCoors Brewing)–51%
7. Milwaukee’s Best Light (MillerCoors Brewing) –34%
8. Budweiser (Anheuser-Busch InBev) –30%
If you want to see some real beers (and you live in CoMO) – head here and check out the Tap Cams - http://44stonepub.com/tap-cams/