Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Adult Chocolate Milk (Review)

Sometimes I really love living in a small town….if for no other reason than the local grocery.  I often go in there, and they have some off the wall stuff.  What is funny…they never have it priced correctly.  I’ve gotten cask strength Laphroaig for $25 to a Rumpleminz for $5.  It really is roulette and you never know what you are going to get.

Recently I went there and saw an unusual bottle, one with a Flip-Top and the words “Adult Chocolate Milk”.  With my brother in town (he’s not much of a drinker), I thought…”This is Perfect”.  It was even better when I went to the cash register and (as usual) it didn’t ring up.

Cashier- “Do you know how much this is?

Me- “I don’t know….it wasn’t marked”

Cashier to her coworker – “How much is this?”

Coworker “Beats me….I wonder if it goes good with cereal?”

Cashier – “I have no idea how much this is….is $3 ok?”

Me- “SURE Smile

This day is looking up.

I get home and immediately show my newfound prize to Debi (who looks less than thrilled).  Then it is off to the kitchen for a glass and some ice.

This review is gonna be short and sweet.  It tastes like Bailys.  Plain and simple.  The quality of ingredients is probably not up to the same standards as Bailys, so if you have one of those weird reactions to food impurities (Debi does)…I would stay away.  If it was ALWAYS $3, this would be a steal.  Anthing over $15, I would skip the novelty factor and go for the top shelf superior product.  You can purchase online HERE for $23.99 (+ SH), so…you make the call.  To me, it’s not worth it.

I never expected this stuff to become a mainstay in my liquor cabinet…and things worked out as I thought.

The companies website does have an interesting story, that the founder posted on Facebook "Tracy is enjoying some Adult Chocolate Milk” and it grew from there.  They also have 3 new products coming out – Adult Orange Cream, Adult Fruit Punch and Adult Limeade. 

In researching the product, I came across a very telling article on Askmen.com, where Adult Chocolate Milk was Number 2 on their list for Getting Drunk the Wrong Way.  I would agree.  If you are going to drink…go big or go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics