Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thanksgiving Recipe and New Reviews coming

Ok Ok, I know I haven't posted any reviews since Sunday. Given my daily posting track record, I didnt want anyone to worry that I had (GASP) given up drinking.

Instead, I have been prepping for the upcoming game night and also trying to choose the recipe for my Thanksgiving Contribution.

Well, here it is -

SMOKED WHISKEY TURKEY BREAST

Serving Size: 6

1 each 10-12# Turkey Breast bone-in
1 batch Smoked Whiskey Turkey Injection cold

SMOKE WHISKEY TURKEY INJECTION
1 cup Honey
1 cup Garlic Oil Infused
1 cup Butter melted
1/2 cup Kentucky Whiskey
2 teaspoon Cumin ground
2 teaspoon Hot Chili Oil

Combine all ingredients together, and blend well.

Using about half of the marinade, pierce the turkey with a injection needle in several different spots.
Injecting the turkey with half of the marinade.

Place the turkey breast into a clear oven bag.
pour the remaining marinade over the turkey breast and remove the air from the bag,
by twisting and then sealing the bag.

Allow the the breast to brined for 24 hours. Bring the turkey out at
room temperature will you are building your fire and getting your smoker hot.
*********
Notes: Smoke in smoker with water bath at 225 degrees for 20 minutes per pound or until just done.

COOK TIME: 4-5 HOURS


I will try and get some review up later today....here are the upcoming ones:

Tommyknocker Alpine Glacier
Arcadia Ales Scotish Ale
Schlafly Dry Hopped APA

2 comments:

 
Web Statistics