Sunday, November 15, 2009

He'Brew - The Chosen Beer



I have to admit, the name He'Brew The Chosen Beer made me literally laugh out loud and think of Ben and Steve. It being Sunday...how could I not buy it and try it first.

The bottle describes the beer as being a "Rich and Robust Dark Brown Ale", but I was really caught off guard with the nutty flavor when I took my first sip. I immediately went and got our Killian's Swag tasting cups so I could check color and offer Debi a sample.



As you can see, it was darker than I anticipated...with a great Carmel/nut fragrance. The head came out creamy (although Debi though the beer tasted a little flat) and the first taste makes you think...hmmmm, I've got something here.

The rich roasted malts blend well with a slight hoppyness, bring this beer together with a chocolate finish.

The beer was gone before I knew it.

Very Impressive, I would buy this over Newcastle any day of the week.

If you are looking for a Brown Ale, choose the Chosen Beer....choose He'Brew.

PS - Defiantly check out their site, it is a riot...here is a sample vid from it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ed. This is Zak Davis from Shmaltz Brewing Company. Thanks so much for the glowing review of Messiah Bold. It is definitely one of my favorite of our beers and I'm glad to see that others enjoy it as well. We wanted the beer to be light bodied and easily drinkable without compromising the complexity of those roasted malts. If you have a chance, definitely pick up some of our other offerings. Thanks again. L'Chaim!! ~Zak

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Statistics