This was speculated back in September 2010, and right now it looks to be coming to fruition.
This makes me very very sad
The Pogues band member Peter "Spider" Stacy has confirmed that the Irish rock band's upcoming tour of the US will be their last formal Stateside tour together.
Conflicting reports have been published over the past few months as to whether the band's 'A Parting Glass...' tour was simply an end to the long-running group's hectic touring schedule, or to the band itself.
"I think we are basically pretty certain this is the last tour of this type we'll be doing in the States," longtime Pogues member Stacy told Billboard.
However, Stacy claims that the group haven't officially disbanded for good, although he admitted that this will be their last multiple-date tour.
"There might be the odd sort of one-off here and there," Stacy continued. "We're not saying this is absolutely, definitely the end.
"But as things stand at the moment I don't really see us continuing as we have been. It seems to have run its course."
The Pogues will begin their 'A Parting Glass...' tour on March 3 with a show in Chicago.
Here are the last tour dates if you want to catch them -
- March 3 - Chicago (Congress Theater)
- March 4 - Detroit (Royal Oak Music Theater)
- March 7 - Baltimore (Rams Head Live)
- March 8 - Washington DC (9:30 Club)
- March 9 - Washington DC (9:30 Club)
- March 11 - Boston (House of Blues)
- March 12 - Boston (House of Blues)
- March 15 - New York (Terminal 5)
- March 16 - New York (Terminal 5)
- March 17 - New York (Terminal 5)