By now, Simon’s weekend should be in full hangover mode….so it should be safe to post this, as his guest should be well acquainted with “Apple Pie’.
I love grain liquor drinks, and seriously think that if you are drinking on a budget…..Everclear and Kool-Aid cant be beat. If you’ve got a little more pocket change, you can step up to this one….Cheers
- Put 1 gallon of apple cider, 1/2 gallon of apple juice and five cinnamon sticks in a large pot, and bring to a boil.
- Add 2 cups of sugar and stir until dissolved. Take off the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and add 2 cups of grain alcohol. Pour into pitchers and put in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Mix 1 shot of rum with 10 oz. of apple juice in a shaker to make an apple pie with a crust. Toss in two pinches of powdered cinnamon. Shake and pour over ice or put in a mug and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Fill half a shot glass with apple cider and top with vodka to make an apple pie shot. Place whipped cream on top.
- Fill half a shot glass with apple juice and top with spiced rum to make an apple pie slammer. Top with whipped cream.