Happy Groundhog Day – How could you not wonder if people would still pay attention to this “Holiday” if it weren’t for the GREAT movie of the same name.
We’ve talked about Bill Murray BEFORE, and I truly believe this is one of his greatest roles.
As Phil Connors (did anyone else notice the name of the Groundhog is also Phil?), Murry continues to live the same day over and over.
Below is a clip from the movie that has one of my favorite scenes (aside from all the Ned Rierson bits)….the bar Scene. The clip is the best I could find, and is a little long…so (since we are a blog about Smokes and Booze) pay attention for-
- 0:30 – Clint Eastwood Spoof (“Call me Bronco”) with a Cigarillo
- 4:18- The Bar Scene
- 4:30- Jim Beam, Ice, Water (watch the portions)
- 4:41 – Sweet Vermouth on the Rocks with a Twist
- 5:27 – Phil’s reaction to the drink
- 5:59 – World Peace
- 6:42 – The German Restaurant (Check out the beer mugs)
- 8:00 – French Poetry (Translated) "The girl I will love / is like a fine wine / that gets a little better / every morning."
- 8:35- Snowman Shop (Pipe)
This movie is Awesome – Check it out