Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cthulhu and Rangtang – A Deadly Combo

 

After a shitty day at work, I invited Mike over for a few drinks and to watch The Call of Cthulhu.

First, I just can’t say enough regarding how GREAT the movie was.  It was my second time watching it and it was still awesome second time around.  Here is a trailer:

To start off the night, I had picked up a bottle of RangTang.  You might recall, I reviewed the marketing of this product awhile ago (you can read about it HERE) and finally found it at my local.

Here was Mike’s Reaction - “It looks like Tang.  It smells like Tang.  It tastes like Tang.

To me, it reminded me of something I tried in my youth…..where I took some orange chewable aspirin, crushed them up and tried to mix with water like Kool Aide.  Not a great plan.

It does mix well with 7-Up/Sprite and I haven’t tried any other cocktails, but I would have to be hard up to dig into this bottle again.  It was just to TANGY.

Overall, the drink was OK.  Not to be sexist, but it is kinda Girly and was probably designed to hit that market.  It would make good “Foo-Foo” drinks, so maybe if you get someone to drink enough…then you can pull a RANGTANG…..but I got a feeling it will be sitting on my shelf for some time (or at least until Tom comes over).  It didn’t make me show my “O-Face” and aside from the name, I wouldn’t buy it.

Of course, we switched to Beer (St. Patrick’s Best and Legbiter Ale from Strangford Lough Brewing Company) and Laphroiag.  Needless to say, the night improved immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics