Thursday, April 15, 2010

10 Things the Internet Has Killed or Ruined

Really, I just want to focus on item number 2 in THIS List, Barroom Arguments.

Now Randy over at MySideoftheBar goes out considerably more than I do, so I would love to here his feedback on this….but for the most part, I think this article hits it right on the head.

It used to be you could kill many hours and even more brain cells drinking beer and arguing over arcane trivia. Who was a more fearsome slugger, Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron? Who'd win a one-on-one match between Kobe Bryant and Doctor J? (Sorry Kobe--we love ya man, but in 1972 the Doc was unstoppable.) Now whenever there's a question of fact, somebody just whips out a smartphone and does a search on Google or dials up Wolfram Alpha and runs a statistical analysis. Where's the fun in that?

I can think of countless hours in bars arguing over songs, singers, movies, women, beer……all of which could have been turned into just sitting there in boredom…..turning me into an alcoholic.

Damn you Al Gore for inventing the Internet.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right and I am working on a post on some interesting conversations a couple of days back on Whiskey that was resolved by technology

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Statistics