Monday, March 1, 2010

Bizarre Video

I just don’t get this one. 

I’m a fan of old school wave music….what can I say, I’m a child of the 80’s, although this song barely squeaks into the decade.

I remember this song in Jr High, and I thought it was funny…..I never got the metaphor (until later in life) and of course I will always think of the skit in Jackass the Movie…..where they run around Japan dressed as a Panda.

Now there is a new version out……and Like I said, I don’t understand it.

Of course, there isn’t much that ties this to Smokes and Booze…other than this line :

No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women
No fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it's dark

But hey, it has Kirsten Durst in Japan, with blue hair, a magic wand and dressed like a school girl. Also, this is my blog….and I will put up anything I want :P

Check out the video and comment below, although be warned…there is a little anime nudity thrown in for fun.  When did you first hear it (Scott B…..I’m looking at you)?  What do you think it means?  Am I going to hell for thinking KD is hot?

Inquiring minds want to know.

3 comments:

  1. Well that is 4 min of my life I won't get back.
    Do not even remember that song???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesnt surprise me you dont get that one Randy. I never pictured you as a New Wave kinda guy, you are about 2 generations to late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I waited too long... the video has been pulled. Ah, well...

    I always liked this song, though I don't remember when I first heard it. There were lots of great pop and new wave songs clamoring for my attention then.

    The song is allegedly about self-pleasuring. I was always pretty astute at understanding double-entendres and innuendos, but this one escaped me somehow.

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Statistics