Thursday, June 7, 2012

Django Unchained

I love Quentin Tarantino – From the top of my Jerry Curl (I wish) to the bottom of my Bad Mother Fucker Wallet (yes I do have and use one) – I think he is one of the greatest writer/director/producers in Hollywood.

True Romance will always be my favorite movie – hell, Mike and I were talking about the Sicilian scene just the other day.  It verges on the perfect movie.

Reservoir Dog and Pulp Fiction are true classics – what more can you say.

Kill Bill 1 & 2 – Two completely different (yet similar) movies that I could watch over and over.

The list can go on and on…….and I think it just took the next step.Django-uncahined-teaser

Enter Django Unchained


Django Unchained is set in the Deep South, and follows Django, a freed slave who treks across America with Dr. King Schultz, a German dentist turned bounty hunter. Together, they try to retrieve Django's wife Broomhilda  from the charming but sadistic Francophile plantation owner Calvin Candie  and his band of ruthless slavers.

WOW – excellent (and original?) story line, a teaser poster harkening back to the 70’s (notice, no actors names or faces) and now a trailer of a Western with Johnny Cash singing that morphs into some 70’s funk, followed by Jamie Foxx (loved him in Jar Head), blood sprayed on cotton and finally – DiCaprio.  Holy Crap -  This could be epic.

 

 

BTW – The D is silent

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics