Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blind Tasting (A Cigar Review Part 2)

This is Part 2 of a recent experiment, one that puts to the question “What would people think if given a cigar with no band and no back-story/idea of what it was?”.

So, following Randy’s excellent review in Part 1, we now go again to our friend from  MySideoftheBar  to find out what he thought of Cigar 2-

  • Temp 89, Humidity low
  • Before light: Aroma, Tobacco and earthy
  • Shaggy Cut which made for a very easy light as you would expect
  • Easy Draw and a full body cigar
  • First 1/3
    Great taste, nutty, woody or earthy
  • Second 1/3
    Still nutty, woody or earthy but with a hint of spice
    Still a great taste
  • Last 1/3
    Spice, almost sweet
  • Not hot and still a great taste, could have used a roach clip to smoke every bit of this cigar.
  • Parings:
    Would be great after a steak dinner and excellent with either bourbon or scotch, especially a smoky scotch.
    4 out of 5 stars for me as this was more my type of a cigar
    Problem only 3 out of 5 stars for a beginner

Again, excellent write-up.

So, what was the cigar that Randy sampled?

A Gurkha Vintage Shaggy

GurkhaVintageShaggy.jpg image by gotolisa

I went with the Toro Maduro and this is a staple in my Humidor.  Gurkha has quickly become one of my favorite brands, and as Randy pointed out, if you like a “heavier” smoke….I would check them out.

I also wanted to throw a quick blurb in here about Home pageBestcigarprices.com.  The last box of Shaggies that I bought was through them.  MSRP is $190, but they have the price slashed to $125.95.  This is a great deal, and I can only say wonderful things about this company.  Shipping was fast, complete and the whole process was painless.  This was my first order with them, and there is always that first buy apprehension.  I won’t have that in the future and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to shop online.  Great job to them.

That wraps up this series.  I am looking for others willing to take a chance….if interested, drop me an Email at edbellmcse@gmail.com.

Cheers and Smoke’m if you gott’m.

1 comment:

  1. Again another great Cigar that I would not be afraid to carry.

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Statistics