Today is National Fudge Day. In honor of such an auspicious occasion, I give you my two favorite fudges.
T-Rex (from Orgasmo) and Bourbon Fudge (after the video).
I will warn you that the T-Rex video is somewhat Not Safe For Work (NSFW), but is one of many awesome scenes from the movie Orgazmo. Matt and Trey hit it out of the park with this one, and you should go out and watch it ASAP.
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bring bourbon to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Add chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well combined. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture and bourbon mixture to sugar mixture, beating at low speed just until combined.
- Spread batter into a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.