Wednesday, December 21, 2011

WWSD–What Would Santa Do?

I know I haven’t posted much lately – I’ve been on a business trip to England (although it wasn’t an investigative trip like THIS ONE for Asiansnakewine.com) and I getting back into the swing.

What better way than to ask yourself What Would Santa Do while reviewing vintage advertisements?

First it seems Santa is an indiscriminant smoker…..from Lucky Strikes, to Pall Mall, to Camel……he smokes the hardcore stuff.  No Menthol here.

3_14SantaSmokesPallMallSantaVintage-Ads-Santa2

As for beer….nothing is better than the timeless Guinness ads.  Next year this is going to be my Christmas card.  I also liked the Ginger Ale ad with the bottle of whiskey in it.  If I were Santa, I would be all over the W.

4867021735_3863ec9302a9955santa-ad-with-white-rock-and-whiskeysanta-claus-1919-mon-magazine-beer-quebec

Finally, a special Merry Christmas from me and Father Christmas with a picture taken in Hyde Park.  Yes, I was drinking wine…what can I say, it was FREE!!!

photo-1

1 comment:

  1. Are you paying more than $5 per pack of cigs? I buy high quality cigarettes at Duty Free Depot and this saves me over 70% from cigs.

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Statistics