Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Green Goose

image

WOW.

I just saw the Green Goose Facebook page and followed a link to the Goose’s Website.

It’s hard to believe that the Goose has been (and still is) open for 25 years.

So many memories…..so much money spent.

The Goose in Ansbach

    • Buckets
    • Goose Cards
    • Scott asking the legless girl to dance
    • Bitch Boxing
    • Glenn’s run in with the Polizie
    • Last Beer in Germany (the first time) with Scott and MPs taking away our fest mugs
    • Before going to the Gulf
    • Coming back from the Gulf
    • Heavy Metal Madmen
    • Trough Urinals
    • 4x4 Dance floor
    • MORE Buckets
    • Pubes in a beer
    • Shots of water
    • More Homeless
    • Do you have blankets?

The Goose in Nuremburg

    • Jeremy’s first night
    • More Homeless
    • Finding Shaw (Shaw is the Devil)
    • Buckets
    • NYs with Jim and Gary (who thought it was a dump)
    • Great Music
    • Falling down the stairs
    • Being drug UP the stairs
    • The cubbies in the back
    • Tinnitus
    • Roses
    • Fights on the street

I could go on and on….the Goose was such a special place, not just me for me….but 1000’s of American’s who were looking for some great music, buckets of booze and a little bit of Americana.

I don’t know if the one in Ansbach is still open (I can’t find if it is), but the Nuremburg is….and is definitely worth the trip. 

For those of you who’ve been…post your stories below.

18 comments:

  1. My last bier in Germany was from the Green Goose in Babenhausen 1991.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my last bier in Germany from the Green Goose in Babenhausen, as well. I left in April, 1989, and I miss the place more and more every day. Wish I hadn't been such an asshat then--I would really have enjoyed it! Wonder what ever happened to the Green Goose owner, Jerry?

      Delete
  2. Another memeber of the Green Goose fan club. I loved that place (In Nbg and Ansbach) so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am a goose fan from it's early days, 1983-84-85

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.facebook.com/groups/greengooseansbach/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoopy wuz here ^^ ;)

      Delete
  5. I was bartender at the Goose in Ansbach 85-87. I'd like to find Mo. I was in the Air Force at Katterbach. Those were some of the best times ever.


    Rich
    richbusinger 'at' yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were often banned from going to the Green Goose in Ansbach so we renamed it the Red Rooster!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spent lots of time and money at the Green Goose in Schweinfurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to go to the Green Goose in Schweinfurt all the time. Was looking for it today and that is how I found this website.

      Delete
  8. My favorite bar for good Rock music was the Green Goose in Scweinfurt Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  9. green goose Ansbach / Katterbach is closed since 2000

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the Green Goose in Babenhausen!! I was there from 86' to 88'. So many memories, so many stories. Jerry was awesome. The bartenders were beautiful. There was one I remember, her name was Adell. She was from England I think. A blonde bombshell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the Green Goose in Babenhausen!! I was there from 86' to 88'. So many memories, so many stories. Jerry was awesome. The bartenders were beautiful. There was one I remember, her name was Adell. She was from England I think. A blonde bombshell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the Green Goose in Babenhausen!! I was there from 86' to 88'. So many memories, so many stories. Jerry was awesome. The bartenders were beautiful. There was one I remember, her name was Adell. She was from England I think. A blonde bombshell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Green goose Ansbach died
    Now there is EBA AG medical in this house
    www.eba-ag.de

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Statistics